Taggable is a very cool service that allows you to tag your Facebook buddies anywhere on the web. When I say anywhere on the web, it can be a blog post, a video on YouTube, a photo in Flickr, and etc.
There are a lot of ways to use Taggable and the simplest is by using the bookmarklet. Just drag and drop the bookmarklet below to your bookmarks toolbar and when you want to tag your Facebook friends, just click the bookmarklet.
If you’re using Firefox, you can download and install the Taggable addon.
If you’re using Greasemonkey, you can download its userscript.
How to use Taggable:
For example you’re on Flickr and you found a cute picture and you want to tag your Facebook friends, just click the Taggable button and a new window will open.
1. Click Login with Facebook.
2. Login with your Facebook account. Taggable will ask for your permission to authorize it, click Allow.
3. Start tagging your Facebook friends by typing their names in the box. When you’re done, click Tag Them!
5. Taggable will ask for your permission to publish post or comments without prompting you, click Allow Publishing.
6. (Optional) Provide some details.
7. If you choose “appears in a photo”, you’ll be able to tag your friend on a face in the photo. When you’re done tagging, click Finished Tagging.
NOTE: It will take a few hours before you see it in your Facebook news feed.
How do I remove the tag:
Just like in Facebook, you can also remove the tags of yourself anytime.
1. Go to Taggable and click Login with Facebook.
2. Under show tags for, click Pick a Friend and choose your name.
3. Click Remove Tag.
4. If you want to be notified when you have been tagged by your Facebook friends, click Tell me when I’m tagged! You can choose if you want to receive an email or subscribe to RSS feeds of your tags.
5. If you don’t want to be tagged by your Facebook friends (ever), you can completely remove yourself from the system but be very careful when using this because this action cannot be undone.
Taggable is a really great and unique way to connect people to any web pages. Now, tagging is not only for Facebook photos but to almost anything that you can find on the web.
If you own a WordPress site, you can use their plugin to add Taggable to your website.