SiteLauncher is a great Firefox add-on that provides a quick way to open your favorite websites using only your keyboard. However, the developer must have forgotten to update it to make it work with the latest version of Firefox. Thankfully, there’s a very simple way to make it compatible with Firefox 5.
Actually, I’m going to share two ways to you: easy and extremely easy. If you’re not that geeky, I suggest you choose the second way.
Make SiteLauncher work with Firefox 5 – the easy way
1. Download SiteLauncher and save it to your hard drive. (To download, right-click on the link and click Save-Link As)
2. Rename the extension from .xpi to .zip.
3. Open/double-click the ZIP file. (Do not extract)
4. Open the “install.rdf” file using Notepad then look for the text <em:maxVersion> and change the version to 5.0 or higher (depends on which version you’re using) then save the file.
5. Rename the ZIP file back to .xpi and install the add-on by dragging it into the Firefox browser.
* Thank you so much to Sandarian for sharing this solution to all of us!
Make SiteLauncher work with Firefox 5 – the very easy way
If you’re kinda lazy to follow the steps above, just download the edited file and install it to your browser.
* SiteLauncher is part of the 16 must-have Firefox add-ons for the best browsing experience. Check out the complete list!