I love Twitter but I’m not a huge fan of it. I use Twitter but not very often. I would love to use a Twitter client but I don’t want those large downloads with visually-rich Adobe Air interfaces or big flashy websites. If you feel the same, I’m sure you’ll like Quitter.
Quitter is a Twitter client that runs in a command window (or “DOS window”). It doesn’t have a visually stunning interface that makes it very simple and straight-forward. It is completely portable and you can easily fit it in any USB with its file size of 150KB only!
Quitter is very easy to set up. Just run the program and allow Quitter to access your account.
Once you’re done, you can now use Quitter to:
- Read, post, reply and re-tweet
- Organize the people you follow into groups and read tweets by group
- Filter (or highlight) tweets from specific users or that contain certain #hashtags
- Use URL shorteners like TinyUrl.com for tweeting URLs
- Easily open tweeted links from other users in your default browser (no copy/paste needed)
- Send and receive direct messages
- Follow or unfollow other users
Quitter is definitely a must-have Twitter client for those people who are looking for a simple yet feature-loaded client.
* Quitter runs properly on Windows 2000/XP/Vista but requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or higher